Back in time in Victorian England there lived a remarkable young boy and his equally remarkable Butler, their story is well known across the land. However what you might not have known is the story of how I came to meet them. I'll say goodbye for now dearest reader  as I shan't be speaking as me, I shall tell it like a story,

Gazes into the distance remembering her past...


It was an average day at the Phantomhive estate, well as average as any day can be with a demon Butler a child prodigy, a demon Hound and three Supernatural servants.
Sebastian Michaelis the head Butler had just finished preparing the young Lord's tea, today he was serving a pot of Earl Grey accompanied with some fresh almond biscuits . As he entered the room he was surprised to see the Earl was already out of bed, usually he couldn't do anything for himself Sebastian had to sit him up for his tea feed it to him, change him from his night clothes to his day clothes, comb his hair, put his eye patch over his mysteriously coloured purple eye and well you get the idea by now Sebastian does everything, but today it would seem Ciel had decided to wander over to one of the many tall arched windows that covered the far wall of his ornate blue and gold bedroom and gaze outside.
By now you may have got the impression that Ciel was incapable of doing anything perhaps he had some sort of disability or just a case of laziness, neither of which are true, we must remember that back in Victorian times nobility didn't feel the need to do mundane tasks so they had somebody to do it for them.
Ciel is very capable of doing all manner of things, in fact he is got a incredibly intelligent mind hence his role as the Queen's guard dog although I imagine we should come back to that story later.
"Is something the matter young Lord?" Sebastian asked as he placed the tea tray down upon the now messy four poster bed.
"Why should something be the matter, can I not take a look out of my own window?" Ciel snapped whipping his head round, sending his blue hair flying.
"But ofcourse, my Lord, it is just a little unusual is all." Sebastian replied with a low bow and an appeasing grin which was momentarily hidden by a curtain of his shining black hair which had a tendency to fall in front of his face. "Perhaps you would like your tea now?"
"Mmh," Ciel grunted in response, something was definitely keeping his attention outside. Curiosity got the better of his butler and in one leap he cleared the room to stand by his masters side. Following his gaze he saw in an instant what had been distracting the young Lord.

Finny was outside, no real surprise there as he is the gardener, but Mey-rin and Baldo - the house maid and chef were also outside, they all seemed to be chasing Pluto - their giant grey demon hound. Again this was a perfectly normal occurrence at the Phantomhive's but upon closer inspection there appeared to be a small figure on top of Pluto, clinging on to his fur for dear life.
The pair squinted in unison pressing their faces against the glass, upon closer inspection the could roughly made out that the figure was female, dressed in a pink trouser suit? There didn't appear to be any skirt or bustle hindering her movement and most peculiar of all, she seemed to be throwing her head back laughing.
"What the devil is going on?!" Ciel gawped at the scene unfolding before him, Finny was attempting to wrestle Pluto to the ground, Mey-rin was screaming as she ran around in circles and it looked like Baldo had gone to fetch his flame thrower, which never ended well.
"Perhaps it is time for me to intervene my Lord?" Sebastian said calmly one hand over his heart.
"Go." Ciel said flatly, not taking his eyes off the scene. If he had then he may not have seen Sebastian appear in an instant landing straight under Pluto's nose, their eyes locked in a stare, glowed crimson red. With that Pluto reverted back to his humanoid form, which as we know doesn't appear to have any clothing, save a dog collar.

The once laughing girl now found herself atop a naked silver haired man and her cheeks turned as pink as her jacket which hung around her elbows. Now one embarrassing

situation had been replaced with another, it was to much for Mey-rin who's nose began to bleed profusely, Finny was clinging to Sebastian's leg crying, "I'm so sorry Mister Sebastian, I - I .."
Ciel shook his head in dismay, "Utter fools"
"Might I lend a hand Miss?" Sebastian shook Finny off his leg, giving him a glare that was punishment enough, he reached out towards the young lady and swooped her up off of Pluto who was oblivious to his naked state. As he carried her inside he asked Finny to put Pluto away, confiscated Baldo's flamethrower and, well, there was nothing to be done about Mey-rin.
Opening the huge double doors with a swift kick of his foot Sebastian placed the young lady down upon the polished wooden floor. Her colour seemed to have returned to normal and Sebastian was eager to find out who on earth she was and what business she had at the manor. There was no telling who she was from her clothing, it was neither noble wear or a uniform, she wore high waisted black trousers that hugged her slender legs, riding boots that came past her knees. Her blouse was white and had a pink bow around the collar that matched the pink of her coat, which she seemed to wear slung off of her shoulders (it reminded him of Grell) and a large pink stripe in her hair.
By this point Ciel had managed to dress himself - though his laces were still undone. Observing their new guest from the top of the stairs he asked for Sebastian to bring her to the drawing room.
"Now, firstly I would like to apologise for Pluto, he tends to get over excited at times... but might I ask how you came to find yourself in my garden?" Ciel spoke with such composure it was easy to forget that he was just a young boy.
"Oh!" The lady in pink leaped out of her chair "Why you don't need to apologise for that adorable pup! Although I'm not sure about what happened at the end...
Anyway! It was my fault I couldn't resist!
Right, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Lady Starla Midford, my dear younger cousin Lizzie sent me here, you see I've been in a spot of trouble." As Starla spoke she strode around the room inspecting her surroundings, she seemed full of energy, much like a puppy which seemed fitting with her earlier encounter. As she passed Ciel's desk she slid a letter across to him, it read

Dearest Ciel, 
I am so sorry I couldn't have given you proper warning, but as you are my adorable fiance I'm sure you won't mind at all! 
My cousin is in a difficult position and there are some people after her currently. I thought she
might stay with you for a while? I think she'll fit in just fine! Anyway I hope to see you soon !
Yours, 
Lizzie

 Ciel folded the letter back up and turned to Starla who was now by the window.

"And what kind of trouble are you in? Did my fiance send you here for protection?"
"Well you see my fiance is dead,"  she began twirling a strand of hair idly.
"I - see..." Ciel stuttered,
"M'Lady! I am so very sorry for your loss! Perhaps you should take a seat?" Sebastian rushed towards Starla leading her back to the chair, "Might I ask how he died?"
"Oh, he was thrown off the top of the roof at our engagement party..." Starla began but was cut off by Sebastian and Ciel's gasps,
"So you need to stay with us because you fear the person who killed your fiance may be after you to?" Ciel asked.
"No no nothing like that, it was me who threw him off you see-"
(silence...gawp...)

Starla seemed unaware of the master and servants shock as she simply continued, "You see he asked something terrible of me and I just could not stand for it!
Besides it was an arranged marriage so its not as though he and I were in love."

"...what do you think he asked??...seems like a loose cannon...So the people after her must be the police?!..." Ciel and Sebastian muttered to each other, still Starla continued.
"So you see I can't very well go back home right away, and you see I am very skilled in all manner of things, I can cook, clean, play piano, I'm a dab hand at sewing and laundry, Oh I'm wonderful at archery! Umm, oh yes I can make a wonderful pot of tea, great with guns, early riser, -"
"Did she just say great with guns?"
"I believe so my Lord,"

"So what do you say, future relation of some sort! Can I stay?"
"Well, as it is Elisabeth asking I don't see we have much choice in the matter, " Ciel began but was cut off by Starla muttering now,
"Oh great that makes me feel sooooo welcome..."
Sebastian cleared his throat, "M'lady, I think what the young Lord means to say is that a Lady with such a vast repertoire of skills such as yourself should be more than welcome here at the Phantomhive estate." he ended with a charming smile an a bow, "However, being a Lady such as yourself do you not feel it beneath you to offer help with such tasks? We do have staff for cleaning and such things you know, even if they are incompetent fools..."
"Sebastian! You flatter me ha ha! No I insist, I am not into the average "Lady" tasks so I shall feel far more comfortable getting stuck in! Besides you'll be sure to make sure I do everything right won't you Sebastian!"
"But of course Lady Starla, I shall be sure
to give you a warm Phantomhive welcome." Sebastian replied his eyes glinting devilishly.

Ciel rose and placed his hands on the table, "Right I suppose that's settled then, Sebastian, show Miss Starla around, I have things to be getting on with." He grabbed his cane and strode out of the room.
"Yes, My Lord." Sebastian said with a low bow.

End of Chapter one.

All characters are from Yana Toboso's wonderful Manga Black butler, well all except Starla who is me >-< I know, shameless, what can I say I wanted to be in the black butler world!! 
Please note...the artwork is scruffy, I'm a perfectionist so it was hard but I wanted them to look like rough doodles!
Thank you for reading!♡

Comments